0191 252 2601
15 Little Bedford Street, North Shields
Tyne and Wear, NE29 6NW
Royal Doulton was founded in 1815 and originally operated in London. It was first named Watts & Doulton after beginning as a partnership between John Doulton, Martha Jones and John Watts. Over the years the company changed hands and thus became Royal Doulton. By 1890 the company had 350 modellers and designers working for them.
The company produced tableware and collectables and rivalled with longstanding companies Wedgwood and Royal Crown Derby. Over time Royal Doulton grew in popularity and is now recognised as one of the top producers of fine giftware, porcelain, glassware and collectables.
In 2005 Royal Doulton was taken over by Waterford Wedgwood for £39.9 million.